I can’t express my opinion enough- so here I go again (-:
“If you have a loved one or a friend going through this terrible experience- find a way to be there for them. All they need is someone they know and love- to just be there.
- Take them for the afternoon and take them to do something they loved to do:
- Golf or Fishing
- Find a river bank and watch the river flow
- Sports event
- Nail salon
- Hair dresser
- Their favorite restaurant
- Their favorite bar
- Junky stores
- Craft festival
- Church bazaar
- Sitting on the front porch with a glass of lemonade ask them about their childhood
- Take them to a playground and let them watch the little children play
- Concert or just sit and listen with them to listen to their favorite music
- Movie theatre
You don’t have to commit to everyday- or even every week- just find the time and help them remember the “good old days”.
The hardest part is remembering that it’s not about you (even though they are driving you crazy) it’s about them. Be patient with them- they know not -what is going on- but you do. So, remain calm.
You’ll feel exhausted and your heart will be full -and in the moment they will be grateful.
Love & Light,